Commercial Chef Counter Top Rotary Microwave Oven 0.6 Cubic Feet, 600 Watt, White, CHM660W

  • Kitchen countertop microwave oven for preparing snacks, heating up last night’s leftovers or food preparation.
  • "Durable strong construction with a white front display and cabinet for compact durability."
  • Easy to grasp grip type handle to open and close the door
  • Mechanical, rotary dial controls make it great for those seeking simple, basic operation
  • Speed and Weight Defrost allows for multiple uses in the kitchen
  • With an interior capacity of 0.6 cubic foot - 9.5 inch turntable size.
  • Perfect for small apartments, studios, dorms. Easy to operate. Good for preparing small items.

Bought this for my mom who has very limited eyesight. She has no problems using it.

My purpose for buying this microwave oven is probably quite different than most of the people that have posted a review here. I wanted a microwave that I could use with my off grid solar system. At this time my solar system consists of 4 100 watt solar panels, a 40 amp mppt charge control, 4 105 amp hr deep cycle batteries wired in series and a 48 volt 1500 watt pure sine wave inverter. The inverter powers my 4.4 cubic ft compact refrigerator, 32 inch flat screen TV and laptop quite nicely. However an older digital 1100 watt microwave that I tried maxed out the inverter and batteries! Plus my inverter is designed to power down between loads which saves on precious energy. Using a microwave with digital controls would tend to keep the inverter powered up all the time unless it was unplugged after each use. As a Prime member I ordered on a Thursday afternoon and received the microwave on Saturday morning. It arrived double boxed without any damage. Curious as to how it would work I heated room temperature water for a cup of coffee in about 2 minutes. Having read that this size microwave 600 watt won't pop popcorn. I found an "old" microwave bag that I had and set the microwave for 6 minutes. To my surprise the popcorn finished popping in about 4 minutes. I have had better (more tender) popcorn but most all of the kernels popped to good size. I plan to buy a fresh box of a better brand to see if I like that any better. For lunch I decided to microwave a frozen personal pizza that I had purchased when checking out the 1100 watt microwave. I stopped the microwave after about 4 minutes as the cheese seemed to be well melted. To my satisfaction the pizza was quite hot all the way though. I don't have a digital AC watt meter at this time but the LED's on the inverter display around 900 watts when the microwave is in use. The load on my batteries seems quite acceptable and on a sunny day the batteries should soon be fully recharged. With the basic 2 knob controls I don't have to worry about unplugging this microwave between uses. Considering the very limited amount of time I have had to use this microwave. I feel it should be a nice addition to my off grid solar system! Update: I have since checked the wattage while the Westinghouse WCM660W 600 watt microwave oven was in use using an inexpensive AC watt meter. The wattage ranged between 940 and 980 watts in several tests. There doesn't appear to be any surge on start as you would experience with a refrigerator.

Love this microwave! The dials are basic and so great! It's small enough to fit inside my cabinet since I don't use it enough to want it sitting out all the time.

Microwave ovens with dials instead of digital controls are VERY hard to find now. I have a friend who has an implant in her head and could not be in the same room with a microwave oven so turning one on to heat her meals was impossible. Due to seizure activity, her friends and neighbors were concerned with her using a stove as well. This microwave oven was installed in her kitchen on a remote switch so that she can load it with her meal, set the timer and then walk into the next room before hitting the ON button on the remote control. PERFECT. Thank you, Amazon, for continuing to carry a product that probably doesn't sell well but sure can make life better for someone with a disability. I imagine it would work well with pacemakers too....? THANK YOU

Great countertop microwave! If your looking for a great quality, simple to use, good size, amazing price microwave this is it! Not fancy is a plus for us! Did not want a clock or digital display, wanted sleek & simple. Back to basics simple to use for teenagers & seniors! Our family highly recommends this product! Got ours with free prime shipping & a huge discount! Total with state taxes was $56! UPDATE: As of today, 1/16/2019 it is still working perfectly just like it did the very first day!!! We do not use it every day, but often. So far so good!!!

Very simple to use. We bought this for a mentally handicapped person who cannot use a regular microwave keyboard. She couldn't reliably push the buttons, and often held them down too long thus getting duplicates. This Westinghouse oven worked great for her. It is left on high all the time. So she only needs to use the lower, single timer knob. We put colored dots at several places around the dial corresponding to eggs, coffee water times, etc. She has had no problem whatsoever with it. Moreover, it is much safer than a touch screen keyboard microwave. where if you made an error you could put in far to much time, this is not a concern with the rotating dial. There is no chance she would go beyond maybe a half turn -- a few minutes. So the chance of turning a food item to ash is zero. As other have commented, it is light and tends to move when one opens the door. But we put a thin rubber sheet of shelf liner under it. That solved the problem completely. We are very happy to have found this oven.

Purchased this microwave for my 89 year old mother who is suffering from dementia. She was really struggling with the push buttons on her other microwave, was getting confused and having a hard time remembering what buttons to push. This microwave has knobs that turn and are much easier for an elderly person or someone with dementia to use. By leaving the temp setting on high, all she has to do is turn the time knob to the time she needs. She quickly took to it and now her frustrations are gone. It's not a big microwave but perfect to heat a cup of water, soup, cook a microwave dinner or warm something up.

After going to numerous big-box and large discount chains, I was unable to find a microwave with knobs instead of a touch pad. I ordered this as a replacement microwave for my 91-year-old mother. It did not disappoint. This microwave is perfect for seniors like my mother who has great difficulty with the vision and dexterity that are necessary to operate a touch pad. This one is so easy to use, with one knob for power and the other knob for time. It's small enough to not take up alot of counter space, but large enough to quickly heat up a dinner plate or fairly large bowl of food. This microwave isn't built for heavy-duty or complex cooking tasks, but it's just what I wanted and my mother is very comfortable with it. Again, it's a really good microwave for small spaces and perfect for those who want to keep things simple and safe.

I selected this model because about all we use a microwave for is popcorn and occasionally melting butter or warming up leftovers. This model is smaller so by buying it, I was able to regain some counter space. As I am facing it, it vents on my LEFT. The door and dials are to my right. The dials are extremely easy to use- there's absolutely NO learning curve. Even though we're a fairly high tech household, you just can't beat simple when simple will do. Also, when it goes off, it just dings like a timer, instead of dinging all night long, like the old one would. I wouldn't mind so much, but often I'd get up to turn off the dinging and couldn't figure out what if it was the dishwasher, a coffee pot, a microwave- gosh everything in my kitchen DINGS the same. Also, if someone uses it at night, there isn't a lot of dinging as various buttons get pushed. Also, there's nothing fancy inside, like a broiler element - my last one had ALL that, and that was a mistake to buy, I think, since it was so hard to clean. This one is just like a smooth box inside, with a roller and about 10" plate on the bottom. I can just put some lemon juice and water in this one, on high, and then wipe it down. The plate fits in the dishwasher. It is also small and light enough to pack to travel with. It will fit in a large duffel bag. Downside- It is very light. So light that you can about jerk it off the counter when you open the door. I put a big bowl of potatoes on top of mine and it solved that problem. 7/24/2017 2 years + and still going strong!

Not one I'd choose for everyday in the kitchen. But my studio is in a separate building and this has made a quickie lunch or reheating leftovers super simple. I actually love love the simplicity of the dials. It's relief from using my overly complicated and sometimes mysterious non-intuitive kitchen microwave. No more standing there trying to remember the logic sequences to do something like cook at 50% (seriously my big microwave took me weeks to master this trick it was so far from intuitive) This is instantly understandable and perfect for my use, plus it takes up just a bit of space, which is always at a premium...all other available space it taken over by beads, tools and finished jewelry.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mặt sau cho sự bền vững của cà phê vào năm 2020

Daily Libra Horoscope January 03 (03/01)

Daily Virgo Horoscope September 19 (19/09)